Hello everyone and today I will be posting this recipe on my cherry fairy cakes now they are filled with scrumptious glacé cherries they are so yummy, so here’s the recipe I hope you enjoy.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Cake Sponge method-
- Preheat oven to 180°c gas mark 4, and line your cupcake tray with your cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract and milk and mix until light and creamy in texture.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and mix together until light and fluffy.
- Now chop 3/4 of your glacè cherries in quarters and add to the mixture, your going to need to leave out the other 1/4 of the pot to decorate the cakes later.
- Next spoon in even amounts of mixture into your cases about half of the case should be fine.
- Put your cupcakes in your preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes checking on them throughout to make sure they are not over cooking.
- Once cooked take out and cool on cooling rack, once they have completely cooled you can the decorate them.
Buttercream icing method-
- Using a electric whisk or a spatula or wooden spoon, beat together the room temperature butter until it becomes lighter in colour and like mayonnaise in texture.
- Once you have achieved this, sieve in the icing sugar.
- Now add in your vanilla extract and milk, and mix together until all the ingredients are blended and it’s looking fluffy and light in colour. If using a electric whisk make sure not to over whisk, so keep an eye on it as this can happen quite quickly.
- Once your cakes have completely cooled, now this is also important since if they are still warm then the icing will melt right of the cupcakes, place your icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and start piping which ever design your desire, you can also spread on your buttercream using a palette knife like I did since I didnt have any piping bags.
- Now to top off your cupcakes with the rest of the cherries you saved and cut them in half and place on top of each cupcake and voila you have 12 delicious cupcakes to enjoy.
Thank you for reading this post I hope you found this useful, these are one of my favourite cakes. I always enjoy baking cakes I find it very therapeutic so I had a baking session the other day and made
these and some of my yummy lemon curd cupcakes but from scratch, which I have a recipe on (link in photo).