This is my soup recipe that I mentioned in my autumn/fall essentials post, it’s perfect for a cold day and especially if your feeling under the weather, so I hope you enjoy the recipe and if you try it don’t forget to leave me a comment telling me that you did.
Cook on hob on medium high heat in a saucepan.
– 1 whole leek sliced finely
– 2 carrots sliced
– 1 large potato cut into cubes
-1 chicken stock
-enough water to cover the ingredients
-herbs and spices just a pinch too taste, such as/ basil,parsley,thyme and chilli powder( I like mine quite spicy so I add more of this one)
-80g Pasta per person
-salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all of your ingredients
- Add some oil into a large saucepan and fry off the leek.
- Add in the carrot and potato to fry them off slightly
- Mix the stock cube into a jug of water following the amount you need on the stock cube packet, then add into vegetables.
- Now add in all of the herbs and salt and pepper just a pinch of each too taste, but I like to add more chilli powder as I like it hot.
- Next add in your pasta any type is fine, but my favourite is Farfalle, also make sure you cover the ingredients with enough water.
- Now you just need too wait for the pasta and potatoes too cook and soften so pop the lid on the pan and turn it down slightly so it doesn’t over cook and leave it to simmer.
- Keep checking it to make sure you know when it is done by tasting a piece of the pasta and try cutting the potato to see if it is still hard, this can take up to about 20 minutes but it may take longer or shorted amount of time.
- Once it’s done it’s ready to serve, I normally serve it with a slice of bread and butter so you can dunk it in the broth and in a large bowl. Enjoy
Featured image made using Canva app