Hello everybody today I will be posting my recipe for my boyfriends favourite meal that I make for him. Since I am vegetarian I do not eat these but I do cook them for Conor since he is a fussy eater and he isn’t the best cook in the world and if I let him he would live on chicken nuggets and chips alone, so here is my recipe for an amazing chicken burger for fussy eaters.
You will need.
1 Chicken Breast per burger
1 Teaspoon Red/green pesto
Handful of Breadcrumbs
Slices of buffalo Mozzarella
Slices of Tomato
- Butterfly and flatten out your chicken breast till they are flat enough so it will cook evenly.
- Spread the pesto onto the chicken on both sides.
- Next place your chicken breast into the breadcrumbs and coat until it sticks to the pesto.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan then cook the breaded chicken until cooked all the way through and the breadcrumbs have gone golden.
- whilst your chicken is cooking prepare your other bits for your burgers so slice your ciabatta rolls in half spread on mayonnaise, place on some leaves of lettuce, then some slices of tomato and lastly a slice of buffalo mozzarella make sure this is in top so when you place on the chicken it will melt so make sure it is on top of all the other extras.
- Now once your chicken is cooked fully place on top on mozzerella place on the top bun and enjoy.
So there you have a really easy 6 step meal that is tasty and fussy eater approved. I normally serve it with some homemade chips cooked in the oven for 40 minutes with some oil, salt and pepper on top they are delicious.
In this post I will be discussing mine and my fiance’s date night out to Frankie and Bennys. Now we have always gone on a date night, since we never really dated before getting together, plus it’s always a great excuse to go out for something nice to eat or drink, even though we don’t really drink alcohol we still just like the atmosphere of being out at night in town so we normally go for a meal instead. And on this specific night we chose to book a table at the restaurant chain Frankie and Bennys, which we have really only just started going too since we used to always go to the Harvester, and we started to get bored with going to the same place every time, so we decided to try F&Bs and we loved it and we change each time we go out now. On this particular night we had not gone out for quite a while and I was really looking forward too going out for something good to eat, so one Conor got home from work we headed off to the train station, as there is not a F&Bs near where we live.We arrived a bit early for our booking so we decided too pop in to Tescos to have a look around and kill some time. However we still had a little bit of time to kill so we decided to go into the arcade next to the restaurant and spent some of our change on the machines, Conor is obsessed with the claw machines, for the last two-times that we went on holiday too Butlins he has been trying to win at least one toy and he has not had any luck as of yet, but we are going again on the 10th of October this year so hopefully he finally gets one. We then finally could go into the resturant and we got seated and got the garlic bread starter since we love that about our meal, we then ordered drinks and or main meals, I ordered a mocktail called Gentle Breeze, which is a mix of cranberry juice, apple juice and lime juice served over ice and finished with a wedge of lime, I totally recommend this mocktail as it is very refreshing. For my main meal I ordered the chicken and prawn alfredo, which is really nice and quite light for an alfredo sauce it had penne pasta with mushrooms, chicken and prawns seasoned with cajan spices and tossed in a creamy cheese sauce and was topped with a heap of rocket which was really way too much for how much pasta I had. Where as Conor had a glass of Coke with ice and his main meal was the New York Chicken burger which is two breaded buttermilk chicken breasts in a brioche bun with mayo, lettuce and tomato and is served with chips and coleslaw on the side, he polished the whole thing so it must be good since he is quite a fussy eater. Once we finished that we was so full we couldn’t have dessert so we just got the bill and made our way to the station for the train journey back home.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about our date night adventure, I would recommend Frankie and Bennys restaurant to anyone that enjoys New York Italian food, you can check out the menu and restaurant finder on the website or app at Frankie and Bennys.com , and in the UK if you join the F&B Rewards club you get £10 off your next visit. I’ve also featured F&Bs in a previous post on the Top 10 restaurants in the UK .
Serves 2 ( To serve more just add by 1/4 for each person)
Cook in large frying pan on the hob at a medium high heat
Enough spaghetti for serving size.
Enough shrimp/ prawns to liking
Pinch of parsley and basil
2 cloves of chopped garlic
A glug of Dry White wine (can replace with lemon juice or white wine vinegar)
Salt and pepper too taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fry the garlic in a small amount of oil in the frying pan, making sure not to burn it.
- Heat up a pan of water until boiling to cook the spaghetti.
- In with the garlic, melt the butter until completely melted stiring to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add in the wine, basil and parsley and simmer until it reduces down slightly, stiring to stop from burning.
- In that pan add in your shrimp/ prawns until fully cooked or they turn pink.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add into the garlic and shrimp mixture, stir until all combined.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese too likening and stir together.
- Serve on plate with extra Parmesan cheese on top and if you wish with some garlic bread sticks as a side.
I hope you enjoy this recipe it is a firm favourite in my household. If you do try this out don’t forget to let me know on my social media websites.