Hello everybody, today I will be writing about why I HATE going to the hairdressers, Now as you may know I actually trained and completed my NVQ level 2 & 3 in hairdressing a few years ago,so you may be thinking why do you hate hairdressers if you are one , well I no longer do it as I am a care assistant in a care home, but I have always hated it even when I was doing the profession so these are my reasons.
- MOST hairdressers are BITCHES- pardon my language on this one.Now this doesn’t apply to all hairdressers out there, but every hairdresser I have ever known, been too and worked with have been complete bitches. In fact just the other day I was walking past the hairdressers I go to and the manager was outside with another stylist and said ” at least your hair isn’t as bad as hers” and pointed to me, now baring in mind I was right next to them and me being a loud mouth I turned round and told them that I was one of their clients and I told them where to stick it.
- They never get it right- Now this is just my experience, I ask for a certain cut, colour etc and they do it completely different to want I explained, I have even shown pictures before and they still get it wrong, In fact some of the best hair colours and cuts I’ve had have been done at home. As I will show you I have had some quite crazy hair styles done by trained hairdressers.
- Finding conversation starters- I am quite a quiet and shy person at the best of times, let alone when I’m in a room with strangers starring at you, in front of mirrors which you have got to see yourself in the most unflattering way. Then you’ve got to try and have a conversation with someone who doesn’t want to talk to you and you probably would never talk to if you wasn’t with them for a good couple of hours.
- Time it takes- This one isn’t so bad but the last time I went to get my hair done it took 4 1/2 hours which is just ridiculous amount of time to be sat still in one place, I had one serious numb bum once I was finished in there.
- The end results- This all depends on the stylist you have but everytime I’ve had my hair cut and sometimes even coloured, sometimes I walk out with my hair looking exactly the same as it did when I walked in, or even worse as the above images show, then they charge £70+ for the honour.
- Sensitive scalp- I have a sensitive scalp, always have and probably always will, now I have very thick, tangled hair which gets knotted very easy, so I hardly brush my hair myself with my tangle teaser because it hurts too much, let alone when you have someone that’s rough handed trying to get through it with a comb, it’s torture to try and sit through it with out punching the woman in the face or screaming.
- The FAKENESS- As I have experienced the hairdressing profession behind the scenes you may or may not be surprised when I tell you practically all hairdressers are FAKE in some way shape or form, they don’t really care about your life or even if they do a good hair cut as long as they distract you enough and make you believe that they done a good job and youare giving them money they don’t care, it’s all an act as my old boss said it’s the Hairdressers smile, forced and fake, she also told me that most hairdressers concentrate on what you can see as it doesn’t matter if it’s good on what a client can’t see.
So these was some of my reasons why I don’t like going to get my hair done at a hairdressers, and also some of the reasons why I am no longer in that profession, so I hope you like this style of post, and it would be great if you wanted to tell me some of the reasons why you don’t like going to the hairdressers. Thank you for reading my post.