Recently I’ve been a bit under the weather and just been spending the majority of my time staying in bed and resting so today I will be sharing all of my essentials for a sick day.
- Plenty of fluids- Now when I’m ill my appatite gets thrown right off, I don’t feel like eating anything at all not even my favourite foods. But I do however get extremely thirsty all the time and nothing seems to quench my thirst, so plenty of fluids is essential to me getting better. When I’m especially sick I love a nice ice cold glass of some fruit squash my favourite is blackcurrent Ribena.
- My bed and tons of blankets- When I get ill I normally feel the cold so much that I start shivering so blankets is a must. Also when I’m ill I don’t feel like doing anything at all including getting out of bed.
- Access to You tube- This one is something I need to have since It does get quite boring just being in bed all day , however you really do want to keep the videos quite relaxing, my favourites to watch is Zoella, The Pointless Blog, KEEMi, Good mythical Morning, Shane Dawson and more.
- Netflix- This is like you tube with the fact that it can get boring doing nothing all day so I normally watch a film on there, or even a few episodes of a tv show my favourite at the moment is Gotham whilst I’m waiting for walking dead to start again.
- Medication- Now this is one thsat you need plenty of when sick, depending on what is wrong depends on what medication you need, now I’m no doctor so I cant give you the best medication advice, but what I take when I’m feeling ill is 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen every 4 hours, and it normally clears everything up in a couple of days, I also take a tonic for after I’m sick to get me back to my normal self, I normally get the metatone tonic which they sell in Boots or Superdrug stores.
- Warming comfort foods- This is a must since even though you may not feel like eating anything you need to have something to keep your energy levels up so you can start getting better so I like too have things that are log and easy to eat, such as soups, noodles, jelly, ice cream, beans on toast etc. My favourite soups are spicy tomato, oxtail, chicken noodle and my own chunky spicy leek and potato soup, which the recipe is in a post but I have linked the post.
- Hot bath- This one always makes me feel at least a little bit better I like a nice Hot bath with steam to clear everything, I like to use a relaxing bath bomb such as the Ickle baby bot bath bomb from lush, I will also add some bubbles by using either the relaxing bubble bath from Radox or the Milky bath bubble bar from lush. I will sometimes add some candles to the side of the bath and listen to some relaxing music from a playlist on Spotify.
- Soft tissues- This is pretty self explanatory since if you are having a runny nose as a symptom of your illness then you will pretty much need some tissues but I like to get the Kleenex brand especially the ultra soft ones since there is nothing worse than a sore nose.
- Phone- I think is one of the main ones since you can do so much on it, from playing games, to searching the Internet, watching YouTube or Netflix, listening to music and going on social media this is the ultimate thing you need for entertainment, but I do suggest not looking up your symptoms as you may freak out and think that you are dying.
So these was some of my sick day essentials, now a little disclaimer this is in my own opinion and what I use and do when I am ill, I’am in no way a doctor or health care professional as this may not work for everyone and I’am not held responsible if it does not work.
Any way I hope you found this useful, I will link the places mentioned down below.
Featured image made using canva app.